Keto snacks-Buffalo cauliflower bites

Welcome to keto4fitness.com. It's almost Super Bowl Sunday and, as I promised, in this blog I'll be showing you how to make a keto snack you can enjoy while reading as a side dish. So let's get started and make these delicious, easy Buffalo cauliflower bites, that is a nutritious and satisfying snack that is an alternative to very carby snacks.And, I would also like to request that if you like this blog or my other blogs and you have not done so already please subscribe.. The macro nutrient ratio for the Buffalo cauliflower bites is 2.7 to 1 with 4.8 grams of total carbs 0.6 grams of soluble fiber 0.8 grams of insoluble fiber resulting in 3.5 grams of net carbs per 100 gram serving of these delicious Buffalo cauliflower bites.

 The first thing I always like to do is to assemble all my ingredients and in this recipe, the next thing I do is then trim the florets off the bottom of the head of the cauliflower, and cut each floret bundle as close to the central stem as you can. Here, you have a choice: you can make your cauliflower bites large or or cut each floret into bite-size pieces, by cutting each of the larger florets into halves or even thirds if they're very large. Once you've completed cutting all of your florets into the bite size that you like, pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit or approximately 230 degrees Celsius. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then place a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet And then set these two things aside. Now it's time to make the batter, and because you'll be tossing your florets in this batter, use a very large mixing bowl. And to this bowl, add your coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt. Next, pour in one cup of water and stir very well to combine. 
keto snacks_Buffalo_cauliflower_bites

You'll notice that the batter at this point is very thick. You actually want the batter to be about the consistency of slightly runny pancake batter and, to get this more runny consistency, you'll probably have to add a second cup of water. And that's because the coconut flour is so absorbent. And, if you feel it's still not thin enough, then just add a little bit more water, mix well, and then just adjust until you've thinned out the batter properly. In this particular blog, it took me about two and a half cups of water to thin out my batter. And, just before you're going to add the cauliflower to the bowl, make sure you stir the batter really well. And, I suggest that you add about half of the florets to the batter in the first go. Stir well and make sure that all the florets are well coated. Then, just add the rest of the florets to the batter and toss again until your second batch of florets are also well coated. And, because of the all the little nooks and tucks in the cauliflower, keep tossing for a bit and make sure that all of the batter, especially the stuff at the bottom of the bowl, has been incorporated and used up by the cauliflower. Because I'm making a large, party size batch of Buffalo cauliflower bites, I decided I'd show you two different methods of how to bake it in the oven. So for this first batch, I took half of the cauliflower bites and place them directly onto the parchment paper. And the second batch, what I'm actually going to do is put them on the wire rack that is placed on top of a baking sheet. And, after doing both of these methods, I'll tell you which one I think works best and why, but that'll be little later. They're in a single layer and they're not touching. 

For both of these methods, just make sure that when you're arranging the florets, for both of these methods, place your pan in the middle position of your preheated oven. and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the florets are starting to get a nice golden color. The time will depend whether you chose to make smaller or bigger bites. Because we're being efficient today, while the florets are baking in the oven, it's time to make a batch of my Keto Buffalo sauce. If you haven't done this already, I will provide a link to my blog under in the blog. I'll fully explain how to make the sauce and what techniques you have to use to make sure that your sauce doesn't separate. So please do read this blog. And, once your buffalo sauce is done, put some melted butter into a small bowl or pan, and the Buffalo sauce, and then just stir them together. You'll need this combination to brush onto the baked cauliflower bites. The 20-minute timer just went off and it's time to remove the baking sheet from the oven. And, my sauce is made. So I'm going to take my pastry brush or barbecuing brush, dip the brush in your barbecue sauce, brush the keto buffalo sauce evenly over each of the roasted cauliflower florets. Once you've done the first coat, repeat with a second light coating of the Buffalo sauce. And then, take your tray and return it to the middle position of your oven. And bake for 5 more minutes. That's all the baking time that's needed and then remove the tray from the oven, and let the florets cool before placing them on a serving platter. Now, to demonstrate the second batch, the one where I place the cauliflower bites on a wire rack. I bake these with the same timing and temperature as I did my first batch The reason for using a wire rack is so that the air circulates all the way around each of the cauliflower pieces. 

And, now it's time to do the comparisons, since both of the batches are now done and cooled.. At least, not crispy in the way that I think of crispy. Both of these methods resulted in a firm, slightly dry exterior, with a nice, moist, tasty interior. But in no way are these cruciferous, cauliflower bites crispy. So don't let anybody tell you otherwise. You might get that with wheat flour, but you don't get it with the almond, or coconut, or whatever other flour that various people have used. When I took my cauliflower bites out of the oven, I let them rest for 30 minutes This cooled them well enough that you could pick them up quite comfortably with your fingers. These Buffalo cauliflower bites are a great snack all on their own, but traditionally, buffalo wings, and therefore Buffalo cauliflower bites, are usually served with a dip. We alternate between two different dips. 

One dip that we really like to serve with these bites is my Tzatziki, which is based on a traditional recipe, and of course is keto. And the other dip that we really like is my Keto Blue Cheese Dip, which takes only 5 minutes to make and, if you're wondering if the blue cheese for these is strong, no, it's not. It's just a hint of blue cheese. So we're all done and getting ready to serve. So just place these bites on a serving platter, with a bowl of your favorite dip beside it. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.thank you very much for reading the blog to the end!